Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I finally finished up work on Saturday, and I am in the process of packing for the big take-off.  I've been keeping track of other approved visa numbers, and I think that mine ought to be close to approval status.  Thank you so much for your prayers! I'm so blessed by them. I have not bought a ticket yet because I want my passport back before that happens. School starts September 1st, so being present there is not an impossibility right now, but perhaps a stretch.

But, we know that God loves to show off His power in what we believe to be "stretches". He has been extremely faithful financially. What I felt to be the biggest burden at the end of last semester has turned into an amazement. I have about $10,000 in my RCE account, and about $10,000 more pledged to me for the year! I tell you this so that you can praise God with me at the fact that He provides in such an immense way when we ask Him to.

I've also been having a lot of quality time with the people around me.  From scrapbooking Clare's wedding with Adrienne, to a family get-together around the deep fryer, to talking about credibility and the Gospel with Jason and Jennifer, to having breakfast with Karen Scheffler at Joey's Junction and talking about the place of morality in our faith, my time here in Franklin county since I've ended work at the TP has been full and wonderful.  Tonight I'm meeting with some friends and teachers from high school to reminisce about the good ol' days and to catch-up--it's been at least four years.

love all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment